Contradictions

This is just an extension of things not making sense to us.

I've known of people telling me that as an adult, friendships are very different and hanging out together and having a fun time isn't something people have the time for. At the same time, I'd see photos of them on Instagram at a theme park or basking in the sunshine or whatever, and fairly regularly.

I get it, adult friendships ARE different to those you had as a child, but I don't get why people tended to discourage me, or made me feel bad for wanting those experiences.

Especially as I didn't get to have much of them as a child so there's a degree of "wanting to make up for it" now, as someone in my mid 20s.

I'm sure someone will tell me that I'm reading into it too much, or I've misinterpreted it. 

Parents
  • its likely that as a kid they were always hanging out and going out with their friends.

they still do now as evidenced by the photos of them going out you saw, but that for them is fewer and far between than what they was used to when they was younger. is what i think they mean. they still do go out and meet friends and so on, just they are busy and have less time to do it.. .they still do it more than any of us ever have lol but for them its less.

• its likely that as a kid they were always hanging out and going out with their friends.

they still do now as evidenced by the photos of them going out you saw, but that for them is fewer and far between than what they was used to when they was younger. is what i think they mean. they still do go out and meet friends and so on, just they are busy and have less time to do it.. .they still do it more than any of us ever have lol but for them its less.

Children
  • I guess it's the way I have tended to put it across. I used to be pretty desperate, like I wanted nothing more than to spend quality time with someone. I didn't have the friends from childhood where we could make plans to do something every weekend or whatever, yet I know people my age who do.

Obviously, I don't even want to do that (every weekend) but I felt the guilt even for wanting to do something every now and again.