Advice please

I'm waiting for an assessment but I'm pretty sure I'm autistic. Currently I'm really struggling with change on my street. An elderly neighbours granddaughter and her 2 girls have moved into her house, the grandmother has moved down the street to live with her son. Our houses are detached and they live 2 doors up, we don't share garden fences as all our houses have garages withing the garden and they make the boundary between each house. The thing I'm struggling with is the change from the elderly to the younger. They are polite but kids are unpredictable can sometimes be noisy. They are 9 and 11. The drive has changed from clear to full of bikes, scooters, etc and I'm finding that hard. I sometimes hear the dog barking outside, I'm not even sure if it's their dog or if they are looking after it for someone because I've never seen them walk a dog. But that really annoys me as again it's so unpredictable. I'm finding the change hard because before everything was predictable and now sometimes it not. But I cannot stop focusing on the change it's really unsettled me. I keep telling myself the kids will grow up and soon not play out but why does change bother me so much. I'm pretty sure I will eventually get used to the change but whilst I'm waiting for that to happen it's very hard for me. Does anyone else have issues like me and how do you deal with it

• I'm pretty sure I will eventually get used to the change but whilst I'm waiting for that to happen it's very hard for me.

Change is a constant part of life and it takes quite a lot of self discipline to accept the things you have no control over.

If you can afford it I would recommend getting a therapist to help you try different techniques - the one I found most helpful is mindfulness where you can rationalise that the changes are not bad things, that it is only you making an issue for yourself and that letting go of that anxiety and accepting this new life into the neighbourhood is a positive thing.

it does take some time and discipline but these are mastered with practice.