Is it harassment?

I work in a warehouse of a supermarket of a hardware store. We have guys with forklift license, I myself don’t have it and I don’t need it. I hope I will not, because it’s terribly noisy. One colleague finds it funny to honk on me with the forklift and watch me jumping scared. He literally scares crap out of me! And he laughs. His fun costs me hiding and crying like a child. And I still feel bad. And all of them make terrible noise and mess around they are like a whirlwind, they talk to me make some jokes, when I’m working with the shipment letters and I need to concentrate. It’s so terribly stressful! I don’t know if I can hold down this job. There is one guy, by his style of interactions with people I would say he might be an aspie, but I don’t know him well. Anyway working with him is pleasant because he is quiet and does not talk any bs, does not make stupid comments on others, we just give each other the relevant information and each of us does the job. With him I’m less likely to make mistake because it’s silence and no pressure. The saddest thing is that tomorrow is his last day. I’m new here so I don’t know the reason why he is leaving but knowing that I will be left alone with the whirlwind makes me even sadder. I also feel bad because with the whirlwind of my other colleagues I confused two separate deliveries. I’m so sorry I’m not even sure if I want any advice just wanted to share the story. 

Parents
  • Now I feel like I’m terrible mother, wife, employee and everything. I used to cope a bit better before my pregnancy, now after 3 years home I’m absolutely not able to cope. 

• Please be kind to your self. You are just right and the harassment is calculated to elicit this very sort of self loathing. Ther is nothing wrong with you. It's warrior time. There are other jobs, yes?

• Thank you for your answer. Yes, there are other jobs but I’m anxious about changes and I would like to hold down a job for long and generally I like the tasks I have here. If it gets worse I will quit and look for other job

• Another strategy is to become very boring entertainment. Use your imagination.

Now that is a powerful idea.

Think up incredibly interesting ways for your colleagues to die and write these into short stories (leaving your name off of course) and if it all gets a bit much then leave one of the more gruesome ones printed out in the locker of the offending party - keep your fingerprints off the paper, do it when nobody is around and you will quickly have a very paranoid offender...

Or not - that may be harrassment but it is worth at least doing the thought exercise over it to get the anger down on paper.

Later you can always compile these into a book and make your fortune from it...

• one must weigh the anxiety of changing as opposed to the anxiety of staying. You are the entertainment at the moment. Another strategy is to become very boring entertainment. Use your imagination.

Reply Children
  • Another strategy is to become very boring entertainment. Use your imagination.

Now that is a powerful idea.

Think up incredibly interesting ways for your colleagues to die and write these into short stories (leaving your name off of course) and if it all gets a bit much then leave one of the more gruesome ones printed out in the locker of the offending party - keep your fingerprints off the paper, do it when nobody is around and you will quickly have a very paranoid offender...

Or not - that may be harrassment but it is worth at least doing the thought exercise over it to get the anger down on paper.

Later you can always compile these into a book and make your fortune from it...