Insomniacs of the world unite!

Is there anyone else who really struggles with having a regular sleep pattern? Does anyone have any tips for how to get to sleep more easily

In other words is anyone else still sitting at their laptop watching Friends repeats at 5am (And yes I did try turning everything off and going to sleep but I just lay there)

Parents
  • Absolutely! I often wake up in the middle of the night and my brain tortures me with repetitive thoughts that I’m already tired of, in addition breaths of my sleeping husband and daughter make me crazy. The only thing I can do is move to the sofa and listen to music on headphones. It usually helps me. Sometimes drinking something warm also helps me. Sometimes even drinking a coffee helps me fall asleep. I actually sleep well after coffee xD I have no idea if anyone else can relate to that. Quite often I go to the kitchen and pace it back and forth for around one hour also with the music and it somehow calms me down. Whenever my husband wakes up in the night and sees me doing my weird things he ask me “what’s wrong with you”. He tells me to just go to bed, close my eyes and sleep, but the problem is that I can’t. I can’t turn my brain off and go sleep just like that. 

• I have a very similar experience with sleeping, I also can hear my wife breathing next to me, people chewing next to me is another thing that drives me insane. I too use earphones and pace around, I get the comment of, “ you’re doing that pacing thing.” It can be a project I’m working on and there is a choice of parts, this morning was buying new bulbs for the bathroom, warm or cool white, this had to be investigated, wife, “ just buy some bloody bulbs!” They do not understand.Smiley

• Yes! Making decisions is horrible! I hate it! When my husband asks me to pick a color of a car he wants to buy I just tell him - pick the one that you like, as you gonna drive it not me. And my family also laughs at me for doing the pacing thing. They don’t know how intense my brain analyses something at the time. Incredible how much in common people have here.

• Yes! Making decisions is horrible! I hate it! When my husband asks me to pick a color of a car he wants to buy I just tell him - pick the one that you like, as you gonna drive it not me. And my family also laughs at me for doing the pacing thing. They don’t know how intense my brain analyses something at the time. Incredible how much in common people have here.

Children
No Data