The government hates us

Just read that the threshold for a couple to earn with Universal Credit has been raised to £1,437 a month. This means if you earn less than that between you the Jobcentre will pressure you to look for more work.

I'm suffering autistic burnout, my son is profoundly autistic and requires a high level of care. We also have a baby daughter. My wife and I cobble together enough hours between us to meet the existing threshold and still care for my son's needs and give me time to recover from my burnout. 

Now we won't be able to meet the threshold and finding enough work to earn a grand and a half is nearly impossible for us

This is at the same time as all the much publicised attacks on PIP

Also read today that the Home Secretary wanted to make homelessness a criminal offence and give police the power to fine homeless people for "smelling".

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't announced plans to exterminate us all yet 

Parents
  • I just signed a 38 degrees petition against this.

I do find the timing of these things worrying, they must think these things likely to win them votes rather than making people not vote for them! Either that or they think they can't win so they want to inflict as much damage as possible before going.

As for fines against "smelling" I would like to see fines for excessive use of perfume or aftershave! But it seems at least that part of it has been scrapped.

• would like to see fines for excessive use of perfume or aftershave! B

I would like to see fines for security lights which are too bright. I don't know how one would measure this though. Unnecessary!

Reply Children