Is sending a random DM re: autism and special interests creepy or any I just being paranoid

So I’ve recently discovered I’m autistic and I’ve been on a long and complicated journey regarding this. I’m sure most people reading this can relate so no need to explain. 

At one point I randomly sent a DM to this woman who is a mutual friend after trawling through mutual friends who might be autistic just to kind of feel not alone. 

the conversation was an absolutely wholesome one about cartoons and animation- the reason I messaged her is because I saw her long rambling posts on the subject abd wanted to randomly chat.

Im in a happy and long berm Relationship and my intentions of messaging this person was genuinely to talk to another autistic person to get different peoples perspectives as this is a kind of special interest of mine lately. No ulterior motives, nor was I seeking any emotional fulfilment outside of my relationship.
I also straight up started the conversation saying this. 

she didn’t seem uncomfortable at all or anything and we just ended with a ‘cheers mate’ kinda goodbye. But I’m still looking back on reflection thinking ‘man that was a weird and creepy looking thing for me to do.’ 

Im racked with semi-guilt over this. Should I be?

edit: Another big motivation was to challenge myself to speak to someone obviously autistic who I may have once upon a time ‘looked down’ upon before educating myself on autism. So really it was to try and challenge my own (former) prejudices and out of a sense of guilt for previously viewing others in the same negative light as I know others viewed me. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data