Would it work?

I have heard before, various groups of people and communities, meeting online in a private session of an open world game, like Red Dead Online, and just roam and talk.

Would something like that work for us?

We are a group already in a sense.

Please share your thoughts.

• Respect to all that. I tried to make a suggestion for those who consider meeting groups, and since we have one here, maybe we could make it more interactive, as I see all over the forum really good point, topics and arguments and a more direct contact, with many people, has the potential for value.

But in any case, we I am not suggesting leaving the forum, not even making the meeting a replacement. Just the odd meeting like once per month.

Trust me. I am not the people's kind of person for more than the occasional chat face to face. I also operate better with text,

• I would not do that I don't have the tech, such as cameras and microphones etc, I've not played a computer game since the late 1980's as I can't use the controls and everything crashes. To be honest I really dislike the idea of meeting online in a game environment or zoom or anything like that. One of the things that drew me to this site was that its good old fashioned text, I have time to think about replies and do I want to get involved in something. To be honest I still have problems with finding pictures mid text and that people have personal icons that jiggle about.

• I totally get it, you're right, this can also be done maybe, Reason I said it is some games have a beautiful environment, again I will mention Red Dead only an example, where you can relax by the sea around a fire, or or at a mountain top, or in the middle of a forest, or simply roam, and all have a chat. 

• Why don't we just organise a zoom call. we can have cameras off and use chat functions. Not everyone has access to gaming lol

• Yes of course, it makes sense, we can all discuss it and agree what game would that be.

• I think that could work, it’d probably take a hot minute to find the perfect game for everyone to meet on but would be worth it