Elections and politics

Is anyone else interested? I'm not party political, because I find to much that is disagreeable about the various parties, for every plus point theres an equal minus one.

I realise this might be contravercial to some, is politics a taboo subject on here?

What autism friendly policies would you like to see parties take up?

Parents
  • I am wondering if everyone in England or the whole of the UK get a recent letter from the Prime Minister. It had a questionnaire, so thinking I could make suggestions I started reading it, but then realised it was multiple choice with nowhere to put our own ideas and seemed to be aimed at finding out if we would be voting for him. Needless to say I didn't complete it.

• I think that the only letter we got from the PM here in Manchester was about lockdown here in the U.K. and it was at that point that I realised that our world would never be the same again - I recall getting that letter in the post and my heart sank, realising at that point the situation around the world and with huge concern for my extended family in Ireland, as aside from the fact that I live alone here in the U.K. my thoughts turned to future generations - we have been through sheer hell in the past 4 years since 2020 right around the world - I don’t have children myself, but starting with the actual babies of today, I’ve often wondered about what kind of world they will inherit, given the enormity of the potential consequences for them growing up as we move forward, as our world is changing but not in a good way - people like us can clearly see what is going on around the world and we can only do our best to try to guide those around us to make the correct choices as we navigate the post-Covid world 

• To me the world is similar to how it has been for quite a few years now, I do have children and have worried about what sort of world will be left behind when I die. I've been cynical about politicians for as long as I can remember, I've seen to many broken promises and twisted promises, you know where they try and make out what they've done is what they promised only it so twisted out of shape that no sane person would recognise it.

I don't think a new government will change things that drastically, I bet the changes to things like PIP will still take place with whoever is in government when it comes in denying any responsibility for the hardship caused

• To me the world is similar to how it has been for quite a few years now, I do have children and have worried about what sort of world will be left behind when I die. I've been cynical about politicians for as long as I can remember, I've seen to many broken promises and twisted promises, you know where they try and make out what they've done is what they promised only it so twisted out of shape that no sane person would recognise it.

I don't think a new government will change things that drastically, I bet the changes to things like PIP will still take place with whoever is in government when it comes in denying any responsibility for the hardship caused

Children