Elections and politics

Is anyone else interested? I'm not party political, because I find to much that is disagreeable about the various parties, for every plus point theres an equal minus one.

I realise this might be contravercial to some, is politics a taboo subject on here?

What autism friendly policies would you like to see parties take up?

Parents
  • I am wondering if everyone in England or the whole of the UK get a recent letter from the Prime Minister. It had a questionnaire, so thinking I could make suggestions I started reading it, but then realised it was multiple choice with nowhere to put our own ideas and seemed to be aimed at finding out if we would be voting for him. Needless to say I didn't complete it.

• I think I might have had one of those questionaires, I did fill it in, not with the answers they would of wanted, but I think it got thrown away before I could post it. Anything that comes from CCHQ tends to get laughed at before going to the recycling. I don't think any of the other's bothered.

We had Police and Crime Commisioner elections here, no council ones, I dont' see the point of PCC's, what are they supposed to do, well I know what it is they say they do or are going to do, but how? Do the police not know what sort of crime is happening in their area? Ours was for the whole of North Wales, none from round here, they all seemed to be more urban than rural and crime is different in rural to urban areas. None of them even bothered to leaflet us or make any contact at all, how does this add to any accountability? All but 1 were members of various political parties and I thought the police were supposed to be independent of politics or party politics at least. I mean we know they're not really, they do as the government of the day tell them, but shouldn't they at least keep up the charade?

• I think I might have had one of those questionaires, I did fill it in, not with the answers they would of wanted, but I think it got thrown away before I could post it. Anything that comes from CCHQ tends to get laughed at before going to the recycling. I don't think any of the other's bothered.

We had Police and Crime Commisioner elections here, no council ones, I dont' see the point of PCC's, what are they supposed to do, well I know what it is they say they do or are going to do, but how? Do the police not know what sort of crime is happening in their area? Ours was for the whole of North Wales, none from round here, they all seemed to be more urban than rural and crime is different in rural to urban areas. None of them even bothered to leaflet us or make any contact at all, how does this add to any accountability? All but 1 were members of various political parties and I thought the police were supposed to be independent of politics or party politics at least. I mean we know they're not really, they do as the government of the day tell them, but shouldn't they at least keep up the charade?

Children
  • I agree re Police Commissioner it was the same here. I wouldn't have known who I was voting for. When we do get to vote in local elections I only vote for those who bother to communicate and seem to be working for the community rather than a party and don't bother at all if they don't.

• What really bugs me about these people is the total lack of morality and integrity that they claim to have in relation to other issues and this was something that was laid bare for all to see during Covid