Elections and politics

Is anyone else interested? I'm not party political, because I find to much that is disagreeable about the various parties, for every plus point theres an equal minus one.

I realise this might be contravercial to some, is politics a taboo subject on here?

What autism friendly policies would you like to see parties take up?

Parents
  • In the post-Covid era, I’ve come to realise some very important things about politics, a subject that despite finding it tiresome, tedious and boring and aside from here in the U.K., the elections are also going on in my native Republic of Ireland - we learned some very important things about democracy and the democratic process since Covid, about how rotten and corrupt it is in virtually every western country - in my teens in the 80’s I was a leftist and I genuinely believed that trying to change the system from within would make a difference, as would voting, even in the corrupt Irish political system at the time - gradually over time, after 30 years in supermarket retailing and living in a socially deprived area of the U.K., it dawned on me that most politicans are only in power for personal gain and don’t really care about ordinary people, that political leaders are selected not elected, voting and elections are pointless and that we are enabling a corrupt and rotten system by voting, that democracy and the democratic process is by its very nature based on corruption and deception - a far more honest and transparent form of government would be one ruled over by an absolute ruler, dictator, martinet, autocrat who has all of the power or a Millitary government - that way, people would know where they stand, unlike the present system 

• In the post-Covid era, I’ve come to realise some very important things about politics, a subject that despite finding it tiresome, tedious and boring and aside from here in the U.K., the elections are also going on in my native Republic of Ireland - we learned some very important things about democracy and the democratic process since Covid, about how rotten and corrupt it is in virtually every western country - in my teens in the 80’s I was a leftist and I genuinely believed that trying to change the system from within would make a difference, as would voting, even in the corrupt Irish political system at the time - gradually over time, after 30 years in supermarket retailing and living in a socially deprived area of the U.K., it dawned on me that most politicans are only in power for personal gain and don’t really care about ordinary people, that political leaders are selected not elected, voting and elections are pointless and that we are enabling a corrupt and rotten system by voting, that democracy and the democratic process is by its very nature based on corruption and deception - a far more honest and transparent form of government would be one ruled over by an absolute ruler, dictator, martinet, autocrat who has all of the power or a Millitary government - that way, people would know where they stand, unlike the present system 

Children
No Data