Finding oneself

Hi

I am really struggling in my full time very full on job. I had a shutdown last week at work and have managed to go in one day since. Despite 4 days on sleep I am off again today. I am finding it hard to know how to function in the world and accept my limits. To the observer I'm very capable as I can do my job but it takes it out of me. I love it snd am considering a career change but have no idea how to make that shift. I am struggling to accept that I won't ever be able to live the busy lives others do and don't know how to find a balance for myself.

Parents
  • I don't have all the answers but totally understand this and have the same issue at times.

It's hard to have the drive and want to do good, progress in a career and improve our lives, but at times it can feel like everything including ourselves are against us.

I tend to avoid going down a road I know will be too painful, but look for another that might not be as tough, but will go close to the same place I wanted. means still progressing but not putting ourselves in a dangerous position and ultimately burnout.

Don't be too hard on yourself and take time to rest, it's even harder to have a plan when you're exhausted,  even though at the time you feel you must have one.

Also, don't feel you have to do the same as everyone else or keep up with a "norm" , there really isn't one, everyone is winging it to an extent when you scratch the surface. Some people are just good at looking ace while they're struggling so we think they're not and feel they must be "better".

Lastly, it's probably not as noticeable to others either, so don't get too paranoid thinking everyone's looking or taking about you.

All these bits of advice are ones I wish I took more often myself, hope they're helpful, take care!

• I don't have all the answers but totally understand this and have the same issue at times.

It's hard to have the drive and want to do good, progress in a career and improve our lives, but at times it can feel like everything including ourselves are against us.

I tend to avoid going down a road I know will be too painful, but look for another that might not be as tough, but will go close to the same place I wanted. means still progressing but not putting ourselves in a dangerous position and ultimately burnout.

Don't be too hard on yourself and take time to rest, it's even harder to have a plan when you're exhausted,  even though at the time you feel you must have one.

Also, don't feel you have to do the same as everyone else or keep up with a "norm" , there really isn't one, everyone is winging it to an extent when you scratch the surface. Some people are just good at looking ace while they're struggling so we think they're not and feel they must be "better".

Lastly, it's probably not as noticeable to others either, so don't get too paranoid thinking everyone's looking or taking about you.

All these bits of advice are ones I wish I took more often myself, hope they're helpful, take care!

Children
No Data