Joining the Army

Hi, my name is Matthew. I'm 27 and I have autism. I'm really interested in joining the Army but I've read that they don't accept autistic people which I disagree with as I think due to our excellent observation, honesty, loyalty and dedication a lot of us would be perfectly suited. Maybe I'm wrong in that but I'm sure some would do amazingly in the Army. I think I would.

I'm really intent on joining but my diagnosis of autism is a problem. I'm tempted to try and get the diagnosis removed but I don't know who to ask about that and worry it will not be removed.

I've always dreamed of being in the Army and now I feel crushed that I can't.

Parents
  • have you considered the navy? Their polocy is to consider enlisting autistic people on a case by case basis. If you want to work 'behind the scenes' the experence in the navy is probably a lot like the army only with more time at sea as oposed to forien bases. If you want to fight on the front lines there is always the royal mareens (which is part of the navy).

• have you considered the navy? Their polocy is to consider enlisting autistic people on a case by case basis. If you want to work 'behind the scenes' the experence in the navy is probably a lot like the army only with more time at sea as oposed to forien bases. If you want to fight on the front lines there is always the royal mareens (which is part of the navy).

Children
No Data