3 Borough referral - Does anyone have any experiences?

Hi all, I'm on the waiting list for ASD assessment and I received an email from the 3 Boroughs referral service. The email stated that they wouldn't be taking my referral any further as there were no records of symptoms in childhood. They then include a set of details to fill out and give me eight weeks from the date of the email to return them. If they then decide there is enough evidence they will return my name to the waiting list and honor the initial date of referral. It has left me feeling overwhelmed and anxious that I won't get the referral and diagnosis that I feel I really need.

Does anyone else have experience with the 3 Boroughs service (Croydon / Lambeth / Lewisham)? Or does anyone have any advice from similar experiences in other boroughs? It feels like I've been put in a gyrosphere and spun really fast.

Parents
  • i dunno, i suspect mine has likely just cancelled me and not telling me with how many years they are taking lol
    so i think its nice they actually informed you of what they are doing, i think mine cancelled me and didnt even tell me. so im still waiting for all i know but likely have been cancelled and am waiting for something they cancelled that ill never be informed of.

if it was me id respond to them and fire back at them and say you never had any childhood symptoms because they was neglectful in the first place and ignored everyones symptoms before the 2010 era.

• i dunno, i suspect mine has likely just cancelled me and not telling me with how many years they are taking lol
    so i think its nice they actually informed you of what they are doing, i think mine cancelled me and didnt even tell me. so im still waiting for all i know but likely have been cancelled and am waiting for something they cancelled that ill never be informed of.

if it was me id respond to them and fire back at them and say you never had any childhood symptoms because they was neglectful in the first place and ignored everyones symptoms before the 2010 era.

Children
  • I've been on the waiting list since September 2022, I called my surgery a couple of times to see if they had any update, they assured me I was "in the system". This is the first I've actually heard from South London & Maudsley NHS trust. I don't understand why they have phrased this letter in this way, it's alarming and contradictory. If you take it at face value (yeah, like I'm any good at "reading between the lines") it's halting my referral but offering me a chance to continue with it if I fulfill certain criteria that I can't define.