Thinking before speaking

I'm new here but I'm struggling with the above topic. As stupid as it sounds, I end up pushing people away because I don't think before speaking. Anyone got any advice? I've got that feeling of wanting to break something or hurt myself somehow because I'm pushing people away. How can I get these people back and apologise for my stupidity?  

Parents
  • Hey Sam

Dont feel so bad about who you are. I guess you need to find the right people that understand you and accept that part of you. From what I’ve read on here you are not alone on this subject.

Im afraid I can only partly relate to your situation, I only discovered I am Nd 6 or 7 months ago. I am trying to tackle years of masking which is a hard habit to break, maybe that is the reason why I don’t tend to offend others or maybe I just don’t. Who knows.

I can say the wrong thing quite often to people I know but I feel deserve it, if that makes sense? I feel that I’m conscious of what I’m about to say and try to keep it in but it ends up coming out anyway. Weather or not it’s meant my sometimes subdued voice can make it sound different than it’s intended. Anyway I’m going to stop talking now as I’m confusing myself.

Basically I feel misunderstood a lot of the time.

I do wish you all the best and please go easy on yourself.

Who knows I may be posting something similar on here in the future once I’ve unpicked my mask. 

• Hey Sam

Dont feel so bad about who you are. I guess you need to find the right people that understand you and accept that part of you. From what I’ve read on here you are not alone on this subject.

Im afraid I can only partly relate to your situation, I only discovered I am Nd 6 or 7 months ago. I am trying to tackle years of masking which is a hard habit to break, maybe that is the reason why I don’t tend to offend others or maybe I just don’t. Who knows.

I can say the wrong thing quite often to people I know but I feel deserve it, if that makes sense? I feel that I’m conscious of what I’m about to say and try to keep it in but it ends up coming out anyway. Weather or not it’s meant my sometimes subdued voice can make it sound different than it’s intended. Anyway I’m going to stop talking now as I’m confusing myself.

Basically I feel misunderstood a lot of the time.

I do wish you all the best and please go easy on yourself.

Who knows I may be posting something similar on here in the future once I’ve unpicked my mask. 

Children
No Data