Thinking before speaking

I'm new here but I'm struggling with the above topic. As stupid as it sounds, I end up pushing people away because I don't think before speaking. Anyone got any advice? I've got that feeling of wanting to break something or hurt myself somehow because I'm pushing people away. How can I get these people back and apologise for my stupidity?  

Parents
  • or hurt myself somehow

We all know (to some extent) what you mean.  Accordingly, I think it is safe to speak for "us all" when I say that this is always a VERY VERY unhelpful mindset, and never a solution to explore !

apologise for my stupidity?  

Given the context of where we currently find ourselves (the NAS forum), I think it is reasonable to presume that you are not stupid, but merely different.  I REGULARLY apologise for my "difference" because I know it unsettles people - whilst I accept that this is deemed an 'unhelpful message to offer on behalf of the ND community"......I thankfully only need to answer for, and to, myself and my Guardians.  If I accidentally make someone jump....I apologise, because I'm English...even if it wasn't my "fault."

Dear Sam Morrell, I think you are at the start of a discombobulating journey.  Buckle up, friend.  Pushing people away is part of my default setting (or, to be fair, neglecting them to be more accurate)....but then I do that with MANY things.  The people who are important to me, know that.

Find your people.  It might mean a period of uncomfortable "whittling" - aka loss - whilst to get to "get yourself."

Good luck Sam.

Kind regards

Number.

• or hurt myself somehow

We all know (to some extent) what you mean.  Accordingly, I think it is safe to speak for "us all" when I say that this is always a VERY VERY unhelpful mindset, and never a solution to explore !

apologise for my stupidity?  

Given the context of where we currently find ourselves (the NAS forum), I think it is reasonable to presume that you are not stupid, but merely different.  I REGULARLY apologise for my "difference" because I know it unsettles people - whilst I accept that this is deemed an 'unhelpful message to offer on behalf of the ND community"......I thankfully only need to answer for, and to, myself and my Guardians.  If I accidentally make someone jump....I apologise, because I'm English...even if it wasn't my "fault."

Dear Sam Morrell, I think you are at the start of a discombobulating journey.  Buckle up, friend.  Pushing people away is part of my default setting (or, to be fair, neglecting them to be more accurate)....but then I do that with MANY things.  The people who are important to me, know that.

Find your people.  It might mean a period of uncomfortable "whittling" - aka loss - whilst to get to "get yourself."

Good luck Sam.

Kind regards

Number.

Children
No Data