Thanks For Having Me

I'm going to go, assumptions and accusations are being made about me because I spoke in general terms and I get enough assumptions and accusations made about me by NTs that I didn't expect it to come from other Autistics. I don't have any biased or prejudice against neurotypicals but I do have a lot of problems with the "social norms" a lot of them put on us. Look, I've long accept that I'm a simple person who doesn't care for a lot of what goes on in the world because things get made too over complicated because people rationalize things that shouldn't be rationalized, like for example, how saying one thing and doing another or just not keeping your word to someone is lying, again this is just an example. I've dealt with this my whole life from pretty much every neurotypical that I've come across, yes including my friend who I have a bond with. I'm 37 years old, I've been through a lot in my life and I'm at the point where I'm tired. I get made into this villain that I am not no matter what I do or how kind or generous I am, it's always something that I do that is a problem because how a choice to make things over complicated is forced on everyone. And it's like okay, no one cares that's bad for my mental health but when I shut down and push away to cope with things on my own and decide how I want to handle the situation cause it gets old living 24/7 conforming to everything you got to conform to and with every aspect of your life gets made a problem.

So yeah, I'm just gonna go, I got enough assumptions and accusations going on irl and it hurts getting it from fellow Autistics just over speaking in general. There was a lot better way to handle that then to make assumptions and accuse me of things. Thanks for having me and thank you to those who have been supportive. I wish you all well.

• So you are going to stay, then? Still Here? welcome back.

• I'm going to go, assumptions and accusations are being made about me because I spoke in general terms and I get enough assumptions and accusations made about me by NTs that I didn't expect it to come from other Autistics. I don't have any biased or prejudice against neurotypicals but I do have a lot of problems with the "social norms" a lot of them put on us.

I completely understand this I question a lot of NT social norms too, we should be able to discuss that here safely.

• I am sorry you feel like you have to leave this autistic community, I enjoyed chatting with you.

• I assume you’re referring to the thread I created asking that people stop blaming “NTs” for all their problems.

I’m sorry if that has made you feel unwelcome here but I stand by that thread.

But you should consider staying. Disagreement is part of life and you shouldn't lose out on the benefits of this forum because of it.

• Someone once said to Einstein " I have made peace with the universe" and Einstein replied "Well, you had better."

• Well, I've also had my share with that kind of treatment, even on here, from trying to give advice to people on how to smile out of all things, Lol. So I'm not surprised that you were treated the way you have been, and choose to leave. I was just on a hiatus from here, but I suppose not much has changed. I just hope you find the support you're looking for one day.