Don’t want to lose my dog

Hi I have a 12 year old Dalmatian called Lucy and she is my baby I love her so much. My parents adopted her when she was 14 months old I was 21 years old back then and she deaf completely deaf which is extremely common in Dalmatians. At the moment she is living with my dad in Scotland after my mum died my dad met someone new a woman from Scotland. I am currently living in student accommodation at the age of 32 but once I finish my degree which is soon my dad is signing the house to me in wales where I grew up and Lucy is coming back to live with me. Sadly she is going to be 13 this year and has a lot of life in her yet but being on the spectrum myself I can’t cope living without her and if anything happens to her I would go into meltdown as I love my dog so much stupid I know but to me she is more than a pet she is my absolute baby. I really don’t know how I would cope when her time comes. Has anyone on here lost a pet they deeply loved more than a pet and if so how did you cope when their time came? 

Parents
  • Hi Rach

I've had many dogs during my lifetime - some I miss more than others. My current dog is a Romanian rescue called Eddie. He's my best boy. He's my world. He's a beautiful natured boy. Kind and gentle and very attuned to me. He's pretty much the only friend I have. I love dogs. They absolutely don't judge us and just accept us as we are. He's around 12 now. Maybe a little younger. Maybe a little older. When it's his time to leave me it will break my heart but I've already started to to check my local rescue kennels to see who might need a home. My previous two dogs lived to be 15 and 16 so hopefully I will have him for a while yet. I have loved most of my dogs very deeply and had strong bonds with them. I honour them by taking in another dog that's desperately in need of a home. The bond is always different. My dogs have all been very different breeds too - and I never forget them when they're gone. 

• Hi Rach

I've had many dogs during my lifetime - some I miss more than others. My current dog is a Romanian rescue called Eddie. He's my best boy. He's my world. He's a beautiful natured boy. Kind and gentle and very attuned to me. He's pretty much the only friend I have. I love dogs. They absolutely don't judge us and just accept us as we are. He's around 12 now. Maybe a little younger. Maybe a little older. When it's his time to leave me it will break my heart but I've already started to to check my local rescue kennels to see who might need a home. My previous two dogs lived to be 15 and 16 so hopefully I will have him for a while yet. I have loved most of my dogs very deeply and had strong bonds with them. I honour them by taking in another dog that's desperately in need of a home. The bond is always different. My dogs have all been very different breeds too - and I never forget them when they're gone. 

Children
No Data