Friend Says They Wish They Could Spend One Day In My Head to Fully Understand Me

I wish there was a way to let my friend have the experience and honestly I think if neurotypicals could spend one day in our heads seeing how we Autistics view the world and the trauma things cause us maybe it would help them to be more accepting and understanding as well as more careful with how they do us with Autism. I wish there could be a way to help my friend see into my mind, sometimes it feels explaining things just isn’t enough at times. I mean it’d really be cool if there was a way to AI or VR how our Autistic minds work for our fellow neurotypicals. What does everyone else think?

Parents
  • My feeling is that we, among ourselves, as ND people, are divergent in enough ways to preclude something like that from working. There would have to be some common denominator but that feels really wrong to me, and confining. Perhaps you and your friend might simply relax and enjoy what ever differences pop up with a "Oh that's revealing and helpful" or some such. It is about the ways we can delight each-other with discoveries as we go along that enrich a friendship, I think. That and the ability to allow each-other to evolve and celebrate the new perceptions and new wishes for what we want for ourselves therein.

• It would be good or at least interesting, I think it would be really scary for both us and them. I've often wondered what it would be like to be a man for a day too.

Reply Children
No Data