Can Someone Give Me Advice on Supporting Autistic Teenager Through Transition Period?

Hello there,

I am reaching out today seeking some guidance and advice regarding my teenage child who is on the autism spectrum. As a parent, I want to ensure that I am providing the best support possible, especially during transitional phases.

My teenager is approaching a significant transition period, whether it be transitioning from secondary school to further education or entering the workforce. I've been researching and trying to gather as much information as possible, but I believe hearing from those with lived experience or expertise in this area could offer invaluable insights.

https://iidc.indiana.edu/irca/articles/transition-time-helping-individuals-on-the-autism-spectrum-move-successfully-from-one-activity-to-another.htminfo

Specifically, I would appreciate any advice on how to effectively navigate this transition period, including strategies for communication, finding suitable support networks, and helping my child adjust to new environments and expectations.

If anyone has gone through a similar experience or has expertise in supporting individuals on the autism spectrum through transitions, I would greatly appreciate your input and recommendations. Your wisdom and guidance could make a world of difference in ensuring a smooth and successful transition for my child.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.