Exams at University

Hi

I am talking to someone who has coursework prescribed as their neurotype does not allow for exams. I have read other stories affirming this. My university aren't accepting this atm and I am looking for advice and support. During exams (first in 40 years so I am not fast with technology) I was given extra time but with several exam questions, I felt I couldn't transition from one subject to another effectively. Also I was told a short reference list would be fine but I couldn't stick to this. I have spent all year making sure brackets are in the right place and italics in references and once it is in my mind that is the way to do it. All with one finger typing. Extra time is not enough as I strive for perfection. I spell check everything myself not using the machine. I don't want advice on how to do exams please I want alternative assessments. When a student couldn't make a field trip they were given an essay to do. One student couldn't speak with a severe stutter so they must have had an alternative assessment to the presentation. I stutter in a similar way when answering exams. I know what I want to say but I can't get it out effectively. Thanks for reading. I am taking a break in studies.