ADOS if you know what to expect?

Hi Relaxed

I have the second part of my assessment with S4D via the right to choose pathway on the 10th April. This I believe is the ADOS part. It is online rather than in person, via Zoom. 

2 out of 3 of my children were diagnosed using the ADOS, and I was present for both. So I feel like I now know what to expect, what they are looking for etc. I am concerned that because I know what is expected, it’s not going to give an accurate reflection during my own ADOS test! Has anyone else been in a similar position? I plan to make the assessor aware of this at the very start.. but just wanted other peoples thoughts on how theirs went if they’d been in the same position? 

Thanks!

Parents
  • My sons was done by Helios online. It was on a platform similar to zoom, that allowed them to share their screen interactively etc for the games part of the assessment but still see his reactions. And they insisted on being able to see waist and above. I’ve not had any instructions like that from S4D in advance, but I guess that could be the case. 

Helios managed to pick up all my son’s difficulties really well considering it was online, so hopefully my assessor will be as attentive. 

• My sons was done by Helios online. It was on a platform similar to zoom, that allowed them to share their screen interactively etc for the games part of the assessment but still see his reactions. And they insisted on being able to see waist and above. I’ve not had any instructions like that from S4D in advance, but I guess that could be the case. 

Helios managed to pick up all my son’s difficulties really well considering it was online, so hopefully my assessor will be as attentive. 

Children
No Data