Autistic burnout

An interesting look at autistic burnout and how it differs from 'standard' burnout (related to work stress), can be found here: embrace-autism.com/.../

Parents
  • Thanks for the resource! I have been recovering from a 3 year burn out. I was diagnosed with asd as a result, but it was a retrospective diagnosis.. I wish I had known what was going on at the time. I lost all emotional regulation, and become physically violent for th first time in my 45 years. I lost some basic functional skills particularly pouring of any liquids into another container. I simply couldn't even pour myself a glass of water without spilling/over pouring... I thought I had early onset dementia..

• Glad that it was useful to you. I retrospectively think that I was suffering from standard burnout because of work stress. During the first Covid lockdown I realised that I could not stand the thought of going back to work. Luckily, I was able to take a quite generous redundancy package, and retire early.

I have a perennial problem with liquids in public I have an irrational fear of spilling, which makes me nervous and then very liable to spill. I hate pubs that use 'brim measure' glasses, or anywhere that insists on filling cups with coffee right to the top.

• Glad that it was useful to you. I retrospectively think that I was suffering from standard burnout because of work stress. During the first Covid lockdown I realised that I could not stand the thought of going back to work. Luckily, I was able to take a quite generous redundancy package, and retire early.

I have a perennial problem with liquids in public I have an irrational fear of spilling, which makes me nervous and then very liable to spill. I hate pubs that use 'brim measure' glasses, or anywhere that insists on filling cups with coffee right to the top.

Children
No Data