Sensory Sensitivities

Does any one else suffer from this? I find all my senses are highly tuned, there are some fabrics and surfaces I can't touch, I can't use most cosmetics, laundry and household products, I fond them overwhelming and they either make me wheeze or give me contact dermatitis. Going out is a poroblem because of noise and smells, everybody seems to stink of various laundry products, cosmetics and febreeze, that stuff really takes my breath away.

Another big one is light, I can control it in the house, with curtains, lamps etc, but not outside, I dont' find sunglasses that helpful as they're usually not dark enough, I tried asking an optitian for help and they didn' tunderstand and got shitty with me for asking for reactions lenses with plain glass.

Parents
  • Try SelectSpecs, they are local to me but they also have a really good website you will be able to get non prescription Transitions lenses from them. They have lots of cheap frames but the tint is quite expensive. I always get the Transitions Xtractive from them, I don’t like more traditional sunglasses because my balance gets thrown off if they’re too dark. You may find that Transitions don’t get dark enough for you though. Have you tried sunglasses that also block light from your peripheral vision as well if you want more darkness?

• Thanks, but I have enough problems getting stuff online as it is, I would like to actually try some on before buying and have some proper help and advice too. I don't like the ones that block peripheral vision, they don't mix well with PTSD.

Reply Children
No Data