To work or not to work

I have schizoaffective disorder and I'm waiting for an autism assessment. I have an employment support worker as I had to leave my job of 16 years due to an injury which resulted in CRPS in my ankle. I've never been happier since I left my job, I can stick to my routine, plan my days, wear my comfy clothes, concentrate on my special interests, avoid people. But I do miss doing a job and feeling I'm needed. Having a job caused me so much stress my evenings and weekends were ruined, I was constantly anxious, my moods were all over the place, I was stressed all the time. Currently my life feels like I'm living even though I'm hidden away at home. Is it worth being stressed just to say I have a job. I'm OK for money, extra would be nice, but it's not essential to live a comfortable life. It would purely be therapeutic reasons. People's experiences and advice would be very helpful

Parents
  • I would recommend you don't look for work at the moment. Focus on getting your health better. If you were constantly anxious, stressed and your moods all over the place after working 16 years something musn't have been right. Maybe a change in diet, more exercise, different hobbies, therapy.

• I would recommend you don't look for work at the moment. Focus on getting your health better. If you were constantly anxious, stressed and your moods all over the place after working 16 years something musn't have been right. Maybe a change in diet, more exercise, different hobbies, therapy.

Children
No Data