diagnosis experience and dissapointment.

So after 4 years waiting I finally got to have my NHS diagnosis for ASD and ADHD. My ASD diagnosis was rejected. I am nuerodiverse, not nuerodivergent, I think thats the right way round. So basically I am 80% autistic. I fell down on being able to hold a normal conversation, having hand movements that were consistent and not having a mononitous voice. I also fell down that being 54 nobody could validate anything from my childhood. So over all dissapointing, but I do 100% meet the criteria of innatentive ADHD. I am not really sure how I feel on this whole thing? Maybe I got hung up on scoring high on stuff like obsession, social interaction, and the like.

Now very confused.

Rob

Parents
  • Hi thanks for all the comments. On reflection what I am going to do is leave this be for a while. Then next year go for a private test. By then we would have relocated and have the money, at the moment it would just cause too much stress to go through an appeal. I score highly on all tests and the assesor never really talked about my obesessions, my lack of imagination, how I played as a child and friendship issues. It was like she decided I wasn't autistic from the start. She even mentioned I can't be autistic as I don't have strict routines. I have a job that changes by the hour so apart from the routine of getting up in the morning I have no routine, I can't as no day is the same as I am out on the road visiting customers when soemthing breaks. Weekends I just make it up as a go along as that is what weekends are for.

Rob

• Hi thanks for all the comments. On reflection what I am going to do is leave this be for a while. Then next year go for a private test. By then we would have relocated and have the money, at the moment it would just cause too much stress to go through an appeal. I score highly on all tests and the assesor never really talked about my obesessions, my lack of imagination, how I played as a child and friendship issues. It was like she decided I wasn't autistic from the start. She even mentioned I can't be autistic as I don't have strict routines. I have a job that changes by the hour so apart from the routine of getting up in the morning I have no routine, I can't as no day is the same as I am out on the road visiting customers when soemthing breaks. Weekends I just make it up as a go along as that is what weekends are for.

Rob

Children
No Data