18 year old son

My son has high functioning Aspergers and I have noticed that as he gets older it is becoming more pronounced. He is socially awkward and does not have any friends really, spends most of his time in his room playing on his games.

Anyone got any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks Sarah

Parents
  • Hi there! I'm also 18 (I'm a girl though), and I totally get how your son feels. Being an autistic young adult is a really isolating experience. The one piece of advice I have is to maybe find some kind of support group for autistic people/young adults near where you are? There's a couple near where I live where we've gone on a variety of outings and I've met some people as well as gotten some more emotional support from staff so maybe there's something like that where you are. A lot of us autistic young adults feel like we're completely alien in the world so maybe finding him a group like that could help him feel better? :) 

• Hi there! I'm also 18 (I'm a girl though), and I totally get how your son feels. Being an autistic young adult is a really isolating experience. The one piece of advice I have is to maybe find some kind of support group for autistic people/young adults near where you are? There's a couple near where I live where we've gone on a variety of outings and I've met some people as well as gotten some more emotional support from staff so maybe there's something like that where you are. A lot of us autistic young adults feel like we're completely alien in the world so maybe finding him a group like that could help him feel better? :) 

Children
No Data