Late diagnosis

Hi all, I’m new here…

I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas of resources to read or watch for the newly late adult diagnosed. I’m feeling very numb and burnt out since my diagnosis last week at aged 48, and although I had been expecting some sort of response, wasn’t expecting it to hit me like this. I’m partly in strong denial, but the other part logically understands the diagnosis. I realise it’s early days but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Parents
  • Hi and welcome!

I too was late diagnosed at 48.  After my diagnosis I was given some literature to help and it included a mention of a guy on YouTube who goes by Adult With Autism (his logo is a silhouette of himself, he has an impressive beard!).

I am currently working my way through his videos (in chronological order of course).  I just pick them up now and again.  I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he covers (and that is unusual for me!) and he just gives his view on life with autism which I find kind of reassuring in a way and makes me feel better about myself being able to listen to someone else's views who is similar to me.

Why not give it a try?  Adult with Autism - YouTube

Best wishes,

Batfkink 

• Hi and welcome!

I too was late diagnosed at 48.  After my diagnosis I was given some literature to help and it included a mention of a guy on YouTube who goes by Adult With Autism (his logo is a silhouette of himself, he has an impressive beard!).

I am currently working my way through his videos (in chronological order of course).  I just pick them up now and again.  I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he covers (and that is unusual for me!) and he just gives his view on life with autism which I find kind of reassuring in a way and makes me feel better about myself being able to listen to someone else's views who is similar to me.

Why not give it a try?  Adult with Autism - YouTube

Best wishes,

Batfkink 

Children
No Data