Do people misinterpret what you are trying to say?

Does this happen to you?

Parents
  • all the time. both verbally and written. i think people do it on purpose to see what they want to see out of your words or to control the conversation by imposing the meaning of your words as whatever they want.

also they mishear too.... lots of times i say one thing and they think i said a totally different thing and it leads me to being confused as to how they heard that totally different thing from what i said. but sometimes its funny stuff they hear so i catch myself before i correct them and let it slide and am like.. yeah, i totally said that...

• all the time. both verbally and written. i think people do it on purpose to see what they want to see out of your words or to control the conversation by imposing the meaning of your words as whatever they want.

also they mishear too.... lots of times i say one thing and they think i said a totally different thing and it leads me to being confused as to how they heard that totally different thing from what i said. but sometimes its funny stuff they hear so i catch myself before i correct them and let it slide and am like.. yeah, i totally said that...

Children
No Data