Does anyone else get shower anxiety?

Hi everyone!

I’m not sure if this is just a me thing. Every time I have to have a shower, my anxiety goes crazy! My brain immediately starts thinking about the water and the wet hair and the in-between of wet and dry!

It's so frustrating! Once I shower, I’m usually okay but I can’t tell if I’m getting over-stimulated or not! 

• I remember how hard it was to install it correctly, but I'm glad I did.

• Yes, another water fan (and Rage fan) here Metal

• I actually find water to be the most relaxing thing in the world Shower/bath hottub swimming.

In fact while swimming i prefer to have my head under water, scuba diving was the greatest thing even.

• I find it hard to use power showers on my body. The ones you hold in your hands slightly easier than that. But i'm more a bath person and find it more relaxing and have smaller washes to maintain my health.

• As Guybrush says, it's a sensory thing I think.

I shower my body but manage to avoid my face or hair getting wet - I've got that off to a 'fine art' over the years.

Then I wash my hair separately over the bath with a hand shower (again, avoiding my face getting wet).

I was hopeless at swimming lessons at school partly due to being unable to see much but also a fear of water + my face getting wet.

My teacher told me to put my face in a bucket of water each night to get used to my face getting wet which I then did and developed an even deeper fear and anxiety about water through doing so.

You are not alone.

I actually prefer to bath but it's not so quick.

• It’s common to have sensory issues with having wet hair or skin. I only wash my hair when it feels dirty enough to get annoying and make effort to keep the water off my face. I have one of those turban wrap towel things which helps keep it out the way when it’s drying