People saying things they don’t mean

So many times I’ve bumped into someone I haven’t seen for a while or maybe someone even texted me after a while, and they say “we should meet up and do x”.

In 100% of cases they never get back in touch to do x. In 100% of the small proportion of cases where I’ve approached them to take them up on their offer to do x, some excuse is manufactured and x does not happen.

So WHY do people say this? 

Parents
  • i just think its a formal word thing... a repeated phrase....  like the usual robotic "hello, how are you?" when they dont care how you are and they always ask how you are and they always get back "fine" and know thats all they will get back but still ask anyway when they know the response will just be "fine".

they dont care, its just a courtesy... a programme... a social script that without it they are lost, as lost as a autistic person themselves if they toss out their scripts or think on how pointless their social scripts are that they no longer have faith in using them or see a point in them 

• i just think its a formal word thing... a repeated phrase....  like the usual robotic "hello, how are you?" when they dont care how you are and they always ask how you are and they always get back "fine" and know thats all they will get back but still ask anyway when they know the response will just be "fine".

they dont care, its just a courtesy... a programme... a social script that without it they are lost, as lost as a autistic person themselves if they toss out their scripts or think on how pointless their social scripts are that they no longer have faith in using them or see a point in them 

Children
No Data