Transitions

Hi, I work a very full on full time job. I have been diagonised two years now and it has changed my life. But I am still struggling with transitions between waking and getting up for the day, I then get dressed slowly even though this is tasks that I can do, and this continues on my drive to work. By the time the day starts I fine and function well. I enjoy work and don't feel like it consistently drains me. I leave work feeling positive and upbeat but then get in the car and on the drive home my mood slips again. I then struggle to engage in anything in the evenings. 

Any tips or advice? All the stuff I can find online is about children.

Parents
  • I struggle with changing from the working week and back again. I am usually fine once I get started. 

I think the challenge I find at the end of the working week is that I then have to decide what to do as the structure of work has ended. I now try to put a bit of structure into my free time which does seem to help, especially when there is an end product to give a sense of achievement. 

I usually end my day with listening to music as this distracts my mind from negative thoughts. The struggling to engage might also be due to the social challenges of the day.

• I struggle with changing from the working week and back again. I am usually fine once I get started. 

I think the challenge I find at the end of the working week is that I then have to decide what to do as the structure of work has ended. I now try to put a bit of structure into my free time which does seem to help, especially when there is an end product to give a sense of achievement. 

I usually end my day with listening to music as this distracts my mind from negative thoughts. The struggling to engage might also be due to the social challenges of the day.

Children
No Data