Does anyone else find navigating everyday tasks difficult?

For context, I live alone and I work full time.

I find it extremely hard to keep up with everyday tasks/chores such as cleaning, tidying etc all while working full-time. Part of this is down to difficulty finding the time in the week, so these things tend to pile up, but also I am a massive procrastinator and I am pretty unmotivated a lot of the time. My flat and especially my kitchen is constantly a mess and I feel so ashamed of it. I work nights so I sleep during the day and I sleep a lot! This means I often neglect myself too concerning things like showering and grooming. I just find day-to-day life very difficult and exhausting, which kind of makes me feel like a failure of a person and a little bit pathetic. Life would be so much easier if I didn't need to work or at least not 40 hours a week, it would give me more time for the other things but the rent isn't going to pay itself. 

Parents
  • Hey be kind to yourself. Life as an autistic is very difficult to endure and unfortunately with so much to process and deal with each day it is hard to focus on other things like cleaning. I have this trouble as well. I struggle to think about more than one thing at a time and that means other tasks like chores get forgotten about, not intentional OC but I can't process loads at once.

Usually when I notice how dirty and dusty the house is I then blitz it on the weekend and devote all my time and energy on that.

Don't be too hard on yourself with this. By the looks of it it's something we can all relate to and understand.

• Hey be kind to yourself. Life as an autistic is very difficult to endure and unfortunately with so much to process and deal with each day it is hard to focus on other things like cleaning. I have this trouble as well. I struggle to think about more than one thing at a time and that means other tasks like chores get forgotten about, not intentional OC but I can't process loads at once.

Usually when I notice how dirty and dusty the house is I then blitz it on the weekend and devote all my time and energy on that.

Don't be too hard on yourself with this. By the looks of it it's something we can all relate to and understand.

Children
No Data