Autistic burnout

I’m struggling. I feel like my life is falling apart. I’m not coping and feel very alone. My son was diagnosed with Autism in November. With the research I was doing about Autism I realised a lot of the symptoms resonated with me and why I have struggled all my life. I am waiting for a diagnosis. I thought I have depression and have battled with this for a long as I can remember. Medication and CBT haven’t helped. I have just read about autistic burnout and it is exactly how I’m feeling. I don’t know how to get out of it and feel better. Each episode feels worse and symptoms are harder to keep carrying on. Does anyone have any advice or similar situation? I am a single mum to a nearly 9 year old and work full time. Is it too much? I don’t know what to do.  

Parents
  • Well, that really does sound like a lot to have to deal with there.

What is the one, most important thing, that you seek help about ie. "what to do" about 'what', exactly?

I think there are clever and helpful people here (or should I say hear) who will chime in with help, if they can.

• Well, that really does sound like a lot to have to deal with there.

What is the one, most important thing, that you seek help about ie. "what to do" about 'what', exactly?

I think there are clever and helpful people here (or should I say hear) who will chime in with help, if they can.

Children
No Data