Looking for advice

I'm not sure what help or advice you could suggest. I'm not too sure what I am looking for. A quick summary of me: 25, diagnosed at 21, have anxiety and some on and off depression. 
Anyhow my reason for writing - I'm a bit embarrassed to say: I have no friends. I live in a rural area and can't drive. I had very few friends at school and they have drifted away over the years. I tried university twice - couldn't handle it and was stuck in a job I hated for years. I have started a new job which I am seeing vast improvements to my mental health. However, a niggling worry in my brain is that I am alone. I worry about it. All I have is my family. When they are gone, what will happen to me? I have no connections and also another embarrassing thing to say: I have never had a relationship (or done anything with anyone). 

I guess this post is to ask for advice. What should I do? Thanks

Parents
  • I too live in a rural area but am able to drive. I cycle as well, maybe this could be an option for you?  I too, had to make two attempts at gaining a degree. Making friends is hard on the spectrum but maybe you can meet people through your special interests? I joined a cycle club and have made a few good friends. I also visit London to take part in autism protests. I am not in a relationship but do not worry about it, if it happens, great.

You have made a good start by starting a new job and I hope this goes well. There are NAS social groups that meet up, maybe your local branch may have information? None in my area but there are other groups.    

• I too live in a rural area but am able to drive. I cycle as well, maybe this could be an option for you?  I too, had to make two attempts at gaining a degree. Making friends is hard on the spectrum but maybe you can meet people through your special interests? I joined a cycle club and have made a few good friends. I also visit London to take part in autism protests. I am not in a relationship but do not worry about it, if it happens, great.

You have made a good start by starting a new job and I hope this goes well. There are NAS social groups that meet up, maybe your local branch may have information? None in my area but there are other groups.    

Children
No Data