Giving up work

Hi, I hope someone out there may be able to help or point me in the right direction. 

I am 53 Yr old female who is waiting for assessments for adhd and autism. 

I've worked and struggled all my adult life. Since reaching menopause a few years ago, life is so much more difficult, and I really feel like I can't continue as I am.

I have raised a family and worked part-time in education all of my adult life. I left this job after over 20 years when I felt I could no longer manage such a demanding role. I went from job to job, either finding no satisfaction or more responsibility than I could manage. 

For the past year, I have been  working  in a GP surgery. This is very challenging in many ways and leaves me feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated with nothing left for home life. I can spend all weekend crying and withdrawing from everyone I care about and everything that I would normally enjoy doing. It's affecting my health and relationships with my family.

I've taken time off work due to sickness, but I don't feel I can continue working at all at the moment.

Please, can anyone advise how I put this process in motion and any organisations that could walk me through this.  

Parents
  • I am 54 and massivley struggling with you, it too totally drains me. I have no idea how you break the cycle though. At the end of the year we are selling up in Hampshire and moving to Lincolnshire. Due to house prices we will ahve no mortgage and no debt and will just work to live. I think the first tihing is to get signed off by your doctor, do you get lots of paid sick? Sadly I only get 10 days a year and then SSP. 

• I would be on ssp too as I've already had a significant amount of time off. Even with support from access to work and reasonable adjustments,  I feel I can't do this any more. I'm trying to research how I can go forward but it's so overwhelming. 

• I would be on ssp too as I've already had a significant amount of time off. Even with support from access to work and reasonable adjustments,  I feel I can't do this any more. I'm trying to research how I can go forward but it's so overwhelming. 

Children
No Data