Things you did that looking back make your realise you were autistic

I was only recently diagnosed a few years ago, and I've been looking back and thinking about things I did when I was a child that were definitely signs of being on the spectrum. 

I went through a very intense phase of eating everything with a spork, especially one meal in particular - rye bread with hummus on, topped with a little bit of green Tabasco sauce. This was after my enlightening experience of going to Leeds Festival for my birthday when I was 12 and camping over the weekend, having eaten everything using a spork. 

That and eating any noodles or pasta with one of those spinning Pot Noodle forks.... good times. :-)

Looking back, I can realise why my mum definitely thought I was autistic. 

I'd love to know if anyone has any similar things that they liked/did that looking back you realise were signs you were autistic. 

Parents
  • For me there were probably only a few that I can remember. I need to have a good chat with my mum to find out more. 
    The first one is eye contact (this has always been a big deal) and secondly what appeared to be fussiness. Also crying all the time for no apparent reason and huge separation anxiety from my mum even at age 9 or 10. 

• As a child I hated being separated from my mum. She's the only person I've ever felt close to and liked to be touched by. At school I used to cry and scream and would have what I now know is meltdowns when she tried to leave.

I still hated it when I was a teenager at school. I've never liked being away from my mum, I really can't imagine what it will be like when she's no longer here.

• As a child I hated being separated from my mum. She's the only person I've ever felt close to and liked to be touched by. At school I used to cry and scream and would have what I now know is meltdowns when she tried to leave.

I still hated it when I was a teenager at school. I've never liked being away from my mum, I really can't imagine what it will be like when she's no longer here.

Children