Struggling to communicate as an autistic

I really struggle to respond and I know it affects people around me but I don’t know how to find a way around it, I can see the messages and calls come through but I get really overwhelmed and I just don’t want to answer. Being on the phone and responding really does make me want to cry I feel like I just want to be left alone a lot of the time so I won’t respond for ages and I wonder if anyone else struggles with this and has any advice on how they cope with it. Slight smile

• Hi there

I probably struggle more in social situations. I cannot think of what I want to say quickly enough for the speed of the conversation. That results in people drifting off and directing the conversation to another person, this makes me feel invisible and makes me wonder what do I bring to these occasions?? This makes me want to just stay home tbh and I only really do it for my wife and family. 
    Could you explain to everyone that you really struggle with the calls and ask them to either text or email and ask you to call them back and be specific to what it’s about? That way you could maybe prepare what you are going to say and then it wouldn’t be too much to manage. 
    Your struggles are your struggles and I think finding a way round them is for people to understand and make small accommodations. 

Sorry I can’t be of more assistance but please know I do sympathise greatly. It’s so frustrating 

• Finding what I believe to be the right words is my main struggle. I'm more prone now to take a while before responding to an email or a message because I want to be able to process it. It's difficult when it's in person and I need to respond instantly.