how to find out if I'm eligible for any assistance?

I was diagnosed just 6 months ago. Today someone asked if I applied for any assistance, but I said I didn't think I'd be eligible. She suggested I apply anyway and said there are various types of assistance I may be able to recieve. I was hoping to be eligible for some sort of disability pay so I wouldn't have to work so much, but apparently the fact that I work at all makes me ineligible. But I have to work. I have to pay my rent. I have no family and no one to help me and unless I want to be homeless, I have to have a job. I have frequent anxiety attacks and meltdowns at my job and it negatively affects my health. If I was eligible for some sort of payment so I could work less and then find a job better suited to my needs But where do i start? 

I would love to know what sort of assistance I could find.

Parents
  • I am in a similar situation, worked for 30 years but had enough now but still have to work. I am not aware of any benefits you get for being autistic, only if you stop work and go on UC. Luckily we are selling up this year and moving to a much cheaper area and will then just get a simple min wage job. 

Rob

• I am in a similar situation, worked for 30 years but had enough now but still have to work. I am not aware of any benefits you get for being autistic, only if you stop work and go on UC. Luckily we are selling up this year and moving to a much cheaper area and will then just get a simple min wage job. 

Rob

Children
No Data