Assessments

Hi, I have been waiting 6 years for an Autism Assessment on the NHS.  A colleague came into the office last week claiming that the NHS were sending him to a private clinic due to the waiting lists....I was really angry!  it totally triggered me.

I have not heard this myself personally.  Has anyone here?

david

Parents
  • Have you been hearing from the autism diagnosis service during those six years? It is not unknown for people to drop off waiting lists sometimes. 

It is the case that they can send patients to private services (through schemes such as right to choose) and they do do so. It's very possible that this has happened for your colleague but I can understand the frustration.

I would recommend contacting your assessment centre about this. To check where you are on the waiting list (and thus if you're still on it) and also to ask about this scheme and whether you could be part of it.

• Have you been hearing from the autism diagnosis service during those six years? It is not unknown for people to drop off waiting lists sometimes. 

It is the case that they can send patients to private services (through schemes such as right to choose) and they do do so. It's very possible that this has happened for your colleague but I can understand the frustration.

I would recommend contacting your assessment centre about this. To check where you are on the waiting list (and thus if you're still on it) and also to ask about this scheme and whether you could be part of it.

Children