Diagnosis and informant report request from Psychiatry-UK

Hi, I'm.looking for advise or to hear others experiences getting diagnosis from Psychiatry-UK.

I was told on the phone that I could be assessed without the informant form if I could include my school reports.

Filled in 28 page form and sent in my reports only to be informed that without an informant report I am unlikely to be assessed by them?

I cannot be the only person seeking later life diagnosis who has no parents or family able to fill in these exhaustive forms?

First Post here, hoping others have been successful and had good experience from this company, I was refered by my GP.

Melody

Parents
  • I think they have changed policy.

I was told many many months ago that I didn't need an informant report. Then when it came to booking an appointment I was told "there is no informant report" and denied.

I don't know if different doctors have different policies. I regret choosing the doctor I did because it was obvious that nothing at all was read and they were completely uncontactable.

They told me it is impossible to be diagnosed without an informant report and they would remove me as a patient if I didn't provide one within 2 weeks.

• That sounds to me like they are looking for excuses to kick you.

Reply Children
No Data