Diagnosis and informant report request from Psychiatry-UK

Hi, I'm.looking for advise or to hear others experiences getting diagnosis from Psychiatry-UK.

I was told on the phone that I could be assessed without the informant form if I could include my school reports.

Filled in 28 page form and sent in my reports only to be informed that without an informant report I am unlikely to be assessed by them?

I cannot be the only person seeking later life diagnosis who has no parents or family able to fill in these exhaustive forms?

First Post here, hoping others have been successful and had good experience from this company, I was refered by my GP.

Melody

Parents
  • I was diagnosed by Psychiatry-uk too in December and I got my husband to fill out the forms from his perspective. I was able to remember a lot of my early childhood and didn't provide school reports. I also had some evidence from Lanc UK but I was referred from them due to issues so I started the process and had written information from Lanc UK too which may have helped. For me although parents are both alive for me, I was brought up under a guardianship and the people who raised me both passed away too, so I really had no information to give to them. It was never an issue though, I had two separate virtual sessions two weeks apart as I went into a lot of detail around the questions, the doctor I had was lovely, very understanding and thankful of the information I did provide. But the doctor did say that because I met the criteria to indicate I had these same traits I experience as an adult in childhood then it was enough for them to diagnose me. And the traits I do have now I vividly remember and have examples from child to teenager to young adult etc. My husband was in a similar situation to me regarding his ADHD diagnosis a few years back and I filled in forms for him, he got his diagnosis too. I think if even if you have someone in your life who knows you well enough to fill them in they don't necessarily have to be from childhood. Yes that would help but sometimes you just can't provide that information because its just not possible. As I say there was no issues for me, but I hope this answer as helped a little bit for you.

• Apologies for my grammar, I don't seem to be able to write (or should I say type) properly anymore. 

Reply Children
No Data