Diagnosis and informant report request from Psychiatry-UK

Hi, I'm.looking for advise or to hear others experiences getting diagnosis from Psychiatry-UK.

I was told on the phone that I could be assessed without the informant form if I could include my school reports.

Filled in 28 page form and sent in my reports only to be informed that without an informant report I am unlikely to be assessed by them?

I cannot be the only person seeking later life diagnosis who has no parents or family able to fill in these exhaustive forms?

First Post here, hoping others have been successful and had good experience from this company, I was refered by my GP.

Melody

Parents
  • I was diagnosed by Psychiatry UK at 59, both my parents were, sadly, deceased. My wife filled out the report. They want two things, firstly an indication that your traits date back to reasonably early childhood, this is a requirement for diagnosis, and some corroboration of your traits. The first should be covered by your school reports (which is why they asked for them), for the second they just want someone who knows you to comment about your traits. I suspect that anyone who knows you and is willing to fill some of the form would do. I do not think that they require someone to fill the entire form in huge detail, just some of the sections that cover how they have interacted with you.

• I was diagnosed by Psychiatry UK at 59, both my parents were, sadly, deceased. My wife filled out the report. They want two things, firstly an indication that your traits date back to reasonably early childhood, this is a requirement for diagnosis, and some corroboration of your traits. The first should be covered by your school reports (which is why they asked for them), for the second they just want someone who knows you to comment about your traits. I suspect that anyone who knows you and is willing to fill some of the form would do. I do not think that they require someone to fill the entire form in huge detail, just some of the sections that cover how they have interacted with you.

Children
No Data