Diagnosis and informant report request from Psychiatry-UK

Hi, I'm.looking for advise or to hear others experiences getting diagnosis from Psychiatry-UK.

I was told on the phone that I could be assessed without the informant form if I could include my school reports.

Filled in 28 page form and sent in my reports only to be informed that without an informant report I am unlikely to be assessed by them?

I cannot be the only person seeking later life diagnosis who has no parents or family able to fill in these exhaustive forms?

First Post here, hoping others have been successful and had good experience from this company, I was refered by my GP.

Melody

Parents
  • There are plenty of others whose parents are no longer alive or available so it is not uncommon for older applicants to be unable to source these resources.

I would simply notify the company that your parents are no longer available.

I didn't even have school reports or info going back more than a few years to work with (I was in my 50s when I was diagnosed) and they had to rely on my recall of events. It did not affect the diagnosis, in fact they had to work harder with current information on me to work out how prevelant my autistic traits were.

Being very open and honest (even when it may be uncomfortable) is the key to getting a accurate diagnosis in these situations and they are trained to be able to do it, so don't let them fob you off.

• There are plenty of others whose parents are no longer alive or available so it is not uncommon for older applicants to be unable to source these resources.

I would simply notify the company that your parents are no longer available.

I didn't even have school reports or info going back more than a few years to work with (I was in my 50s when I was diagnosed) and they had to rely on my recall of events. It did not affect the diagnosis, in fact they had to work harder with current information on me to work out how prevelant my autistic traits were.

Being very open and honest (even when it may be uncomfortable) is the key to getting a accurate diagnosis in these situations and they are trained to be able to do it, so don't let them fob you off.

Children
No Data