NHS refuse to assess me

Hi all,

I’ve known for years that I am autistic, possibly with adhd as well. I received a letter from the local team yesterday basically saying that because I speak too well, i don’t have ritualistic behaviours (I don’t in public thanks mum.) and I don’t have in depth interests and show too much emotion that they won’t assess me. 
Every test I’ve done alongside my doctor has shown a need for it, is there any way to appeal or even get back on the waiting list? 
They’ve based their decision on a 30 minute appointment where I was shoving everything down so hard out of habit and find it difficult to talk about the issues I have because they were always disregarded when I was younger.

tThey don’t see the meltdowns, they don’t see me struggling with conversation because people get annoyed when I can’t talk about anything but my interests because it’s all I think about, how I shut down when I get too stressed. 

i think I just needed to get this off my chest really. I’m fed up of being dismissed because I don’t act the way they want me to when I’m in public. That I had to learn to hide it because I’d get in trouble if I didn’t. I’m struggling big time right now and I just want to know if I’m being a baby over it. 

Parents
  • HI

If this has come from your GP then change GP surgery.  I emailed mine about how to be assessed, they sent me a questionnaire which i completed and sent back and from there i was given a referral to a private company but NHS paid for it.  I live in Manchester area.  

• HI

If this has come from your GP then change GP surgery.  I emailed mine about how to be assessed, they sent me a questionnaire which i completed and sent back and from there i was given a referral to a private company but NHS paid for it.  I live in Manchester area.  

Children
No Data