struggling

Had to quit a fast food cleaning job just after Christmas because the rota was being changed after it was published regularly and without notice. I'm now claiming Universal credit and really hating myself. I always get into a over-achiever- burnout cycle which means my jobs in the past have never lasted more than a few months. I want to break this cycle and find long-term employment. I've just gotten into a new relationship last year and moved out of my parent's house to Scotland. I really want a fresh start but my partner also has autism and adhd so I'm picking up the slack round the house most of the time as she doesn't have any self-motivation and has executive function issues. I'd also like a child in the future but just feels like I keep going nowhere and will never have the resources. I can't force myself to continue working when I'm in burnout (partner is on disability) but I can't live on benefits for the rest of my life neither...

• rota was being changed after it was published regularly and without notice.

I had that problem as well especially putting me down for extra days and hours without asking. Plus phoning me up saying I wasn't required and refused to make up the lost hours. The supervisor had favoritism. 

Ended up leaving after 11 years. Bosses knew along I was unwell and didn't stop the behaviour. 

Tried something else and got messed around. Long story. 

Now go to a social group where do different things.

• Hi there. I am sorry to hear about your struggles.

I think the things at the moment is just to hang on in there. Let your burnout pass and try to let go of the thoughts about working for a bit

Financial worries are one the worst things I think and also the sense of identity that we have with work. I can only manage two days a week at the moment and find that hard psychologically, because I really want to be in a position where I work more and be more financially independent.

I have had times when I can't work at all and times when I've managed full time. I also have a lot of support when it comes to household cleaning etc so I can understand how it will be hard having to do all that too.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Mrs Snooks