Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

My IAPT counsellor wants me to try to apply for PIP but I'm worried about:

• stories of just how traumatising is the process of assessments, rejections and appeals
  • reports of third-party agencies on behalf of government "snooping" into people's bank accounts and spending, e.g. through the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill when it eventually becomes law
  • being evicted by my landlord/letting agent through section 21 as I've heard there may be not exaclty legal shared information amongst landlords so that they don't let to bad tenants, benefit claimants etc etc. Yes - I know in the fairytale ideal world people are not bad and nothing bad ever happens, but in the real world lots of people are unscrupulous and worse

Can anyone share their real-life experiences of the above please so I can try to make an informed decision on whether to go ahead?

Parents
  • Hi there, I've had PIP for a few years but applied before I was diagnosed with ASD. At the time I was diagnosed with BPD (which has now been corrected to C-PTSD). I had my care coordinator at the time help me to fill out my application and this was really helpful. The main advice people gave me that helped was to answer questions according to what you are like on your WORST day. Prepare yourself to have to answer a lot of long questions, and also you have to send back the application quite quickly after you receive it. So make sure you schedule in time to fill it out as soon as possible - with someone to help if you need. Be brutally honest in your answers about how your worst days can be. I really don't think this information can be shared with anyone by the way. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

• Hi there, I've had PIP for a few years but applied before I was diagnosed with ASD. At the time I was diagnosed with BPD (which has now been corrected to C-PTSD). I had my care coordinator at the time help me to fill out my application and this was really helpful. The main advice people gave me that helped was to answer questions according to what you are like on your WORST day. Prepare yourself to have to answer a lot of long questions, and also you have to send back the application quite quickly after you receive it. So make sure you schedule in time to fill it out as soon as possible - with someone to help if you need. Be brutally honest in your answers about how your worst days can be. I really don't think this information can be shared with anyone by the way. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Children
No Data