Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

My IAPT counsellor wants me to try to apply for PIP but I'm worried about:

• stories of just how traumatising is the process of assessments, rejections and appeals
  • reports of third-party agencies on behalf of government "snooping" into people's bank accounts and spending, e.g. through the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill when it eventually becomes law
  • being evicted by my landlord/letting agent through section 21 as I've heard there may be not exaclty legal shared information amongst landlords so that they don't let to bad tenants, benefit claimants etc etc. Yes - I know in the fairytale ideal world people are not bad and nothing bad ever happens, but in the real world lots of people are unscrupulous and worse

Can anyone share their real-life experiences of the above please so I can try to make an informed decision on whether to go ahead?

Parents
  • dont go into it with any expectations and it wont be traumatising.... infact it shouldnt be traumatising at all, the only thing traumatising would be being granted it, then it being reviewed later and them saying actually you dont fit the requirements for it and then being accused of fraud later down the line.. .which can happen, and that will be traumatising lol

also some landlords like benefit claimants as its more assured money... sure it can be late, but it always comes... a person with job may lose job then refuse to pay... the job center never refuses to pay, its guarunteed secure money for the landlord.

• "dont go into it with any expectations"

Sorry, I'm confused. Does this mean, for example, should not expect to asked a question or that I should not expect to any questions asked to be in English?

Reply Children
  • expect questions, expect scrutiny..... dont expect to be given pip and awarded it, like most people go into and put their entire life plans on... expect to not get it. then you shall avoid disappointment.

basically common sense of dont expect a win, dont expect a positive outcome. expect the worst, and then you shall never find disappointment. if you expect the worst results then you will always be happy, when you get a win then its a bonus rather than a thing for granted. most people go in thinking they are entitled to things and get upset when they are refused. its the wrong mindset alot of people have and it applies to all aspects in life. always expect the worst case in everything.