Public transport in this country needs to be better

A lot of things would be better if people knew they could use public transport when they needed it at a convenient price. Not everyone is able to drive and cars are expensive to run. Economies of scale mean that the more people you put on one vehicle the more cost efficient it is. That isn't to say nobody should own cars, some people need them. However, a lot of people do not need, at least they don't if there was a good public transport system in place. Personally I would create a 24 hour system. It would cost more initially but I think the benefits in the long term would far outweigh those costs and besides if a 24 hour system with regular times was put in place a lot of the money people spend on cars could then be rerouted to funding the public transport system through taxation.

Parents
  • Great idea! A 24 hour bus service to the built up areas would be a big hit I bet. I walk to school cause they closed the bus route I used to use and my mum had to start driving again cause she couldn't get to work after her bus was cancelled.

I want to learn to ride a moped but my mum won't let me :-/ 

• Great idea! A 24 hour bus service to the built up areas would be a big hit I bet. I walk to school cause they closed the bus route I used to use and my mum had to start driving again cause she couldn't get to work after her bus was cancelled.

I want to learn to ride a moped but my mum won't let me :-/ 

Children