Public transport in this country needs to be better

A lot of things would be better if people knew they could use public transport when they needed it at a convenient price. Not everyone is able to drive and cars are expensive to run. Economies of scale mean that the more people you put on one vehicle the more cost efficient it is. That isn't to say nobody should own cars, some people need them. However, a lot of people do not need, at least they don't if there was a good public transport system in place. Personally I would create a 24 hour system. It would cost more initially but I think the benefits in the long term would far outweigh those costs and besides if a 24 hour system with regular times was put in place a lot of the money people spend on cars could then be rerouted to funding the public transport system through taxation.

Parents
  • i despise public transport whole heartedly to the point id say they should be banned or moved away from me lol

too many people all in one place, too many people crammed into one tiny sardine can? sneezing on one another with no way to cover it because your squashed ontop of one another? ... no thanks.... keep your germs, i want no one near me at all, if you made a public transport where we all have our own seperate cabin then fair enough, so long as the walkways we dont have to squash in kissing distance of one another.....

• The U.K. railways are a total disgrace compared to the rest of mainland Europe, where even the former soviet bloc countries of Eastern Europe’s railways are way better than ours, even in first class rail carraiges and in modern carraige designs, they have done away with private rail compartments, except in sleeper trains from London to Scotland, such as the Caledonian Sleeper  - cross border rail travel in mainland Europe is an absolute joy, from Eurostar, the Orient Express and via Paris and Brussels to all over Europe and this includes high speed rail travel - even the Italian railways are way better and right now, the Dutch railways are very impressive - I almost find it comical that the Germans complain about their railways and about their older ICE trains 

• thats the thing, the more you complain about something the more it gets fixed and the better it gets... thats why i always criticise and complain about the nhs and stuff, because i want it to get better lol

but yeah i was watching vids on people doing long journeys on sleeper trains and they look nice. as they have their own cabin and some of the fancy ones had beds and stuff and was like a hotel room. but yeah for any transport even a bus id prefer to be enclosed from other users..... everytime i get on a bus even when theres no one else on it and plenty of space someone always comes on and sits right behind me and then sneezes on the back of my head... its disgusting.

• elon musk had a alternative, that weird tunnel underground thing or whatever.... but that is a disaster waiting to happen with how narrow it is lol

we can all ride motorbikes? they take less room, and it works for india and they ride around chaotically with no rules perfectly fine. more people squashed in a space on motorbikes as much as you can cram in busses all doing their own thing.

• I understand the points you are making but what is the alternative? Look at Los Angeles. Almost everyone drives a car and the city is full of gridlock, journeys take a long time and the pollution is horrendous. What is needed I think is maybe to bring back staff members who can deal with people like the ones you mention who sneeze on you

• I understand the points you are making but what is the alternative? Look at Los Angeles. Almost everyone drives a car and the city is full of gridlock, journeys take a long time and the pollution is horrendous. What is needed I think is maybe to bring back staff members who can deal with people like the ones you mention who sneeze on you

Children
  • elon musk had a alternative, that weird tunnel underground thing or whatever.... but that is a disaster waiting to happen with how narrow it is lol

we can all ride motorbikes? they take less room, and it works for india and they ride around chaotically with no rules perfectly fine. more people squashed in a space on motorbikes as much as you can cram in busses all doing their own thing.