Public transport in this country needs to be better

A lot of things would be better if people knew they could use public transport when they needed it at a convenient price. Not everyone is able to drive and cars are expensive to run. Economies of scale mean that the more people you put on one vehicle the more cost efficient it is. That isn't to say nobody should own cars, some people need them. However, a lot of people do not need, at least they don't if there was a good public transport system in place. Personally I would create a 24 hour system. It would cost more initially but I think the benefits in the long term would far outweigh those costs and besides if a 24 hour system with regular times was put in place a lot of the money people spend on cars could then be rerouted to funding the public transport system through taxation.

Parents
  • Coming from Rural Ireland where I still have extended family and living in a U.K.city for 22 years, I agree, which is why I totally disagree with the total insanity of 15 mins smart cities and making rural areas off limits - people in rural areas need their own transport as it has proven consistently impractical to provide public transport in rural areas outside of major routes between cities, where rural banks and post offices have been taken away and where even rural broadband has been proven to be a failure, as people in rural areas are simply not been supported - as for big cities, the current public transport offering is abysmal and totally inadequate, totally at the mercy of trade unions who should not be allowed to strike and where there should be very severe legal and criminal penalties for taking part in such illegal and criminal activity, as public transport needs to be a legally protected essential public service in big cities, but especially in Rural areas where provided 

• Coming from Rural Ireland where I still have extended family and living in a U.K.city for 22 years, I agree, which is why I totally disagree with the total insanity of 15 mins smart cities and making rural areas off limits - people in rural areas need their own transport as it has proven consistently impractical to provide public transport in rural areas outside of major routes between cities, where rural banks and post offices have been taken away and where even rural broadband has been proven to be a failure, as people in rural areas are simply not been supported - as for big cities, the current public transport offering is abysmal and totally inadequate, totally at the mercy of trade unions who should not be allowed to strike and where there should be very severe legal and criminal penalties for taking part in such illegal and criminal activity, as public transport needs to be a legally protected essential public service in big cities, but especially in Rural areas where provided 

Children
No Data